Monday, September 17, 2012

Motivational Passwords


Password.

It's very important to us. Our privacy depends on it. We use it everyday to gain access to our email accounts, social network accounts, and whatever there is on the internet that needs securing.

I first used the internet when I was thirteen years old. Since then, I only use two passwords whenever I sign up for something. I may have signed up on a site six years ago and forgot all about it, but I know I can still provide the correct password today because there are only two passwords to choose from!

I know a lot of people who constantly change their email accounts because they can't remember their passwords. I felt sorry for them.

But last week, I thought changing your password regularly could actually be good, "IF" you use words or phrases that motivate you. If you log in to your Facebook account five times a day, then it means you remind yourself of something positive five times a day!

Let's say you're an athlete and your goal is to bag the gold medal in your next competition. Change your password to "go4gold". Everyday, it will help remind you not to settle for the bronze or silver. You need to keep practicing to reach the GOLD.

An hour ago, I changed my Facebook password. Let's just hope I won't forget it.

How about you? Do you prefer having the same password for the rest of your life, or you constantly think of something unique to guard your accounts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also had like 1 or 2 passwords before. Problem is when someone hacks any of your account, tapos you have the same passwords, all your accounts can be accessed, kaya I make a list of my passwords on all my accounts so I won't forget :)

(saw your blog on femalenetwork... ^^)

KC said...

Great post!!! It inspired me! Was thinking of doing that... <3