Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Bored Game

This Halloween, let's all enjoy a board bored game!

Things You Need:

  1. Pen
  2. Paper
  3. Two or more bored people.
The game is very easy. You don't need to be super smart or super creative or super rich to understand and play this game. In fact, no one even needs to win (but you can change that, of course.) All you need is to be bored and you're all set.

I thought of this game when my friend and I were queuing for our school enrollment. We were there from morning to afternoon, so just imagine how tiring it was. We ran out of things to talk about and I don't like being bored. My motto is:

"Only boring people are bored."

So I tried to think of interesting ways to make that long line bearable. We both didn't have cell phones that time. Actually, we had nothing except pen and paper. That's when the idea hit me.  

Here's how to do it:




On the paper, draw a line, a circle, or anything. Remember; don't think of what you will draw. Just let your pen flow freely.

Give the pen and paper to player #2. Let him draw something out of that line.




See? Out of player #1's simple line, the player #2 thought of something more creative. (I know, my drawing is not very creative, but you get the idea.)



Player #2 should then draw another abstract line. And it's your turn to think of something from that line! Very simple, right?





You can go on and on and on and on until you occupied all the space on the paper or you got (bored?) with this game.  


 P.S- I played this game with my classmates while our teacher was lecturing. *wink*





7 comments:

Unknown said...

actually, this can be a good art method. quantum mechanics, copenhagen interpretation, chance and multiverse type of thing. it's geeky but if you're bored you can be geeky. or creative. maybe it's what we call the power of boredom?

Anonymous said...

Ang cute :)

Anonymous said...

-khaye

Anonymous said...

-khaye

Anonymous said...

-khaye

Anonymous said...

Would you mind sharing, is that a painting in the background of your blog page? Who is the artist?

Unknown said...

Hello! I found you via the feature on Miss Minimalist. :) I'm also a minimalist artist and writer from the Philippines (22 as well, neat!), though my more minimalist/self-improvement blog is at kasiyahan.wordpress.com, haha. Nice to meet you! :)