Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Green and Minimalist

Green. It's actually my favorite color since I was thirteen. I love the coolness of it. But let's not talk about colors. This blog is about improving myself... not just about being green for the environment. I like the words "go gorgeous green" so I decided to use those for my blog's title. I hope you don't mind. ^__^

A few months ago, I discovered minimalism in a forum. It's the first time I heard about such a word. But when I read about that topic, I got interested. I thought, "That's what I want. That's what I need in my life."

You see, I live in a third world country. Not only that. I am the youngest of the TEN children. Whatever we owned, we hold on to it even if we don't really need it. Our mindset was "We might need it someday." It was hard for us to throw things away. And so we lived in a cluttered home.

When I was young, I envied my older sisters who owned so many things. I started collecting everything. Books, notebooks, maps, stationery, just about anything! Before I knew it, I accumulated so much trash. I didn't really need them all. I just wanted the feeling of "owning".

Clutter was everywhere. I didn't like cleaning because I had too much things. I didn't like doing the laundry because I had too much clothes. My possessions overwhelmed me!

So, when I discovered minimalism, I knew it was what I needed to change and improve my life. I don't need the extra stress those things had caused me. I don't need the extra baggage in my life's journey. I want to feel free and light and happy.

And since I want to feel all those things... why not improve my whole self? I mean, there's always room for improvement, right? And believe me, I have so much improving to do. Be more studious, try to be punctual at all times, work harder...etc.

Hello World, meet the new gorgeous green ME!

2 comments:

Miss Khaye said...

Awww! HELLO GORGEOUS GREEN!!!! WAY TO GO!!! I'm so excited to see what's next to your "minimalist living" style! Thanks for the inspiration ;)

Hi Tay said...

I love your blog! Everything you write is just so worth reading! It makes me ponder at everything I've done also! You've really set a record for me :). You really are an inspiration!