Friday, November 4, 2011

Laughter

I was reading a Chicken Soup for the Soul book this morning, and a sentence made me laugh. Ok. I know, I know. Everybody laughs every now and then. So why bother taking up some space in this blog writing about it?


Well, I could make this short and straight just be telling you "Hey, this is my blog! I can write anything and whatever I want."

But nah. I'm not going to say that because I want to make you see the beautiful experience I had this morning.

You see, it was totally different for me. I FELT it like I've never had before. From the vibrations in my chest, to that magical sound that went up my throat, out to my barely opened lips. It was just a few short musical notes of laughter, yet it was just so beautiful (I've always hated the way I laughed before!). I never thought I would actually like my own laugh.

And it made me wonder about that word. Sometimes we just take laughter for granted. 'Oh, sure, laughter is the best medicine.' 'Oh yes, I heard it can make us look younger.' But do we sometimes take a moment to listen and appreciate the beauty of our laughs?

It's so natural and common and yet it is also a mystery. Imagine life without laughter. What if people are incapable to laugh? How would we express the feeling of happiness... of enjoyment... of victory?

Ah, I won't tire myself trying to imagine it. Because here I am, living, free to laugh whenever I feel like it. And I just made up my mind to spend the rest of my life having lots of it!




P.S - I tried to imitate that laugh I had this morning, but I couldn't.
         I guess each laughter is different from the other, which makes
         it more priceless!

1 comment:

KC said...

I am so curious what is it all about!!!!!! ^_^