Thursday, November 3, 2011

Karen

View photo source


Today I want to introduce to you my soul sister, open friend, partner-in-crime, KAREN. She's also a minimalist (check out her blog) and she's a part-time writer, part-time businesswoman, part-time dreamer. I asked her a few questions about her journey in minimalism and I hope you will all enjoy it. :)


1. When did you decide you want to be a minimalist?

I feel like I have always been a minimalist, though I didn't know what it was called until I've read about it last Februrary... And it was only then that I decided to focus on living a life with less clutter.

2. How did it affect your life?

It has affected me greatly that I don't know how to put it in words. At one point, it has opened my eyes into a new perspective - that life can be more meaningful when you are less attracted to the clutters of life and become more aware of what's important.

3. What was your family's reaction?

My dad and siblings were so into it. My mom, not much. But my parents both grew up with a simple life, so even if my mom loves shopping, I was able to share with them the wonders of not buying *too much*. I guess we, as a family, can never be extreme minimalists. But I'm glad that I was able to impart with them the philosophy of minimalism, that we are able to be more appreciative of each other. 

4. Are there some things you think you could never give up?

Like things? I can't give up wearing headbands! And scarfs! And brooches! But I'm glad they are light-weight, it's easy to bring them anywhere ^_^ At first, it was books, but then I discovered the wonders of Amazon Kindle ^_^

5. What are your plans in the near future?

I want to work hard on becoming good in writing and singing. And then travel around-the-world with a backpack!!!

No comments: