Thursday, November 3, 2011

Flying With the Eagles

by Lori Tan. View photo source

It's true that you will find real happiness in simple things. This time, I found it by volunteering for a great cause! I am now a volunteer guide and OCP facilitator in Philippine Eagle Foundation. 

Philippine Eagle is the Philippine's national bird. Sadly, it is also endangered. There are only about 300 pairs of them left in the country. The beautiful, majestic, powerful bird is in great danger of not surviving for our great-grandchildren to see and admire!

Eagles have always been my favorite. But when I saw the video of their life in the wild, I fell in love with them. They are fierce and aloof, yet when they find their partner, they will stay with them for life (did I hear someone say the word loyal?).  They only breed every two years. The reason? They want to make sure first that their eaglet can live on its own before they make another eaglet! Hah! These eagles surely know how to make family-planning. But that's also one of the factors of their decline in population... :(

If you also want to spread your wings and help the birds spread theirs, do it. It doesn't matter if you don't live in Davao. You can also help save them! Just click here.

1 comment:

KC said...

I am inspired on your voluntary works! i'm sure you'll be able to inspire more people and kids with this... I am SO proud of you, SoulSis!!!