Thursday, November 3, 2011

Leaving Footprints Behind

The news about Philippine Army's 2nd Lt. Jose Delfin Khe's death had me thinking long and hard. Lots of people were devastated by his untimely death. Many said great things about him. He inspired those people who knew him. To them, he left a mark that they would always remember even when he's already gone.



It made me think of the dream I always had. I don't want to leave this world without making a significant footprint first. I want to be remembered. Even by just a single person. I want to touch people's lives. I want to contribute something, give my own share to the world.

Maybe that's the reason why I always kept a diary. Not to have something to spill out my emotions to, but to have details of what I was, what I am, and what I will be. So that hopefully, someone from generations to come might discover it someday and my name will not be forgotten. Because I left something.

I don't want to leave this world with lots of possessions. Material things are worthless once you're gone. I want to leave a footprint that people will remember as mine. No matter how small it may be.

We could never make a big impact to the billions of people without first starting to those who are close to us. Friends, family... they are the ones who know us best. Treat them right, inspire them in your own special way, and live your life the way you want people to remember it. You won't have another chance to change your actions once you're gone.

Go and make beautiful footprints in the sand!

1 comment:

KC said...

That's the most wonderful thing we could ever do - leave a legacy!!! Go, my dear soul sister!!!