Sunday, July 31, 2011

Facing Lies and Deceptions

Losing two of the closest persons to you is hard. Specially when you lost them because they lied and deceived you. It's simply tough to bring back the trust. Once it's broken, it will be hard to fix.

Even if you choose to stay with them anyway, you will never be completely at ease. You won't have the peace of mind because you will always think of what they did and of how they might do it again.

First was my best friend of three years. What she did caused so much chaos in the lives of those she was close with. It's already been three months but I don't think the issue has died down yet (For the other people, at least).

I chose to stay away. Of course it was hard to let go of our friendship. But I refuse to get affected of the issues. And minimalism has taught me how to let go of things that would only cause me stress. Besides, everyone thinks I'm better off without her.

Two months later, I also discovered my boyfriend's dishonesty. It was harder to let him go because I loved him so much. But I took strength from the power of prayers and the fact that I am after all, a minimalist. I thought of how I'd let go of the things that mattered to me in the past. And that comforted me somehow because I know that I can also learn how to let go of him. I don't have to carry extra loads of emotional burdens. There are still many things in this world that truly matters. Like the love from my family and true friends like Karen. There are also those dreams I want to pursue. Like living independently (will write about that soon) and back-pack traveling.

I've already forgiven them, of course. But I think it is better if we distance ourselves for now, to give time for the pain to subside and the wounds to heal. Maybe some other time our paths will cross again. And I will be able to trust them again wholeheartedly.

Yes, life may throw at us some trials along the way. But it the end, it is how you picked up yourself and faced the world with a brand new hope each single day that matters. Life is simple... If you choose it to be.

6 comments:

Miss Khaye said...

I love you! I know you can do it! You're a tough girl...

Unknown said...

Hi Ate! I'm from Teentalk :D

Ang hirap pag nag-away kayo ng bffs mo. :( Then, it ends not really well. Pero just believe, kasi may dadating din po na someone better for you.
:-bd I like your way of thinking. Good luck!

By the way, followed you. Could you please follow me back? :)

Jorezza said...

Khaye, thank you for being such a good and true friend always... I love you!

Caryl, awww... thanks! Yes, of course I'll follow you. :)

Anonymous said...

ang hirap talaga.
i have my only best friend.
we're seven years and counting. :)
the thing is, we do not have insecurities with each other. so kaya siguro naka-abot kami ng ganito katagal. :) and friendship conquers all. Even the distances. I've been away for like almost five years and we still make sure na magkita once and a while.

about sa boyfriend, i think it's wise that you have let him go. dahil may darating pa na mas deserving. :)

Hi Tay said...

Aw. This post is just so well written. It's very inspirational to read this! ^_^

Cherry said...

I just came across your blog and started reading.
I've been betrayed by my boyfriend and part of the family and still can't realize what happend. This post gave me so much strength!